If you’re wondering how to look after your cat in the best possible manner, check out these tips that’ll keep your feline friend happy…
The basic things you will need to look after your cat:
- Litter Box
- Brush or Comb
Every year your cat should:
- visit the vet for a check up to make sure your cat is fit and healthy.
- have a vaccination to protect your cat from nasty diseases that would make your cat very poorly or even die. The vet will usually give your cat this injection at the same time as the yearly check up.
- have his/her teeth checked regularly by the vet to make sure they are clean, strong and healthy.
Every month your cat should:
- be protected against fleas and worms. The vet can show you how to look after your cat by applying a special treatment that will stop your cat from catching fleas and worms. If your cat is not treated, the fleas can give your cat itchy skin and the worms can give your cat an upset tummy.
Every week your cat should:
- have his/her coat brushed to help keep it untangled.
Every day your cat should:
- be fed healthy food every day. The vet can tell you about the best food to feed your cat to help keep your cat fit and healthy and to keep your cat’s teeth and coat in good condition.
- have fresh water every day.
And there’s more:
- To help stop your cat from getting lost, the vet can give your cat a special “tag” called a “microchip”. This is injected under your cat’s skin, at the back of the neck. If your cat does get lost, the microchip will have your details on so that your cat can be returned to you.
- If your cat is ever unwell, or if you would like to know more about looking after your cat, contact your local vet, who will be pleased to help you.
- Don’t forget to play with your cat and most of all, give your cat lots of love!
For more advice on how to look after your cat, contact us on 01727 821372 or complete our enquiry form.